Thursday, August 4, 2011

This can't be happening.

 This ones very short...

 The kids were all asleep. I went back downstairs to watch some t.v before it got too late. The news was on. I was just about to channel surf when the headlines started popping up like crazy. Three possibly dead from bomb. One headline read. My heart skipped a beat, I threw the remote on the recliner to block myself from changing the channel immediatly. Another headline came across the screen. Two confirmed dead one still to find. Matthew's group only had three people. He could be dead for all I know..
      Then the news man came on. 'Well. You see this is live footage from Iraq' He said sounding like he didn't give a crap. Of course he didn't it didn't concern him! The clip showed the sky igniting with reds and oranges from bombs. Buildings were being obliterated and Matthew could be right in the middle of it all.
       I held my breath as the clip played the second time. I swear you could see women and children on those streets running, then the bomb. All of those defenseless people. Gone... I blinked back the tears as the reporter came back on. 'All of this is live footage.' Yeah thats because it played twice... 'If you look closely you can see exactly where the bomb was.'  "YEAH! Because I want to see what just killed my fiancee!" I screamed at the screen. 'Now they are still looking for the third person. All three have been confirmed as male. They have recovered 1 of 3 dogtags for one of them. The hunt goes on.'
 It showed live footage in the background of where he sat. God I can't take this. I prayed for Matthew to be okay. Now look at what kind of mess is going on. 'We have one of the three mens mothers on air. She has just heard of the news. She will be on in a moment.' The news reporter said then the screen turned into a Glade commercial showing fancy candles. I about fell off the couch. My tears had started to flow down my face and I didn't even know if he was dead. A few more commercials went through then it was back to the news. 'Miss Morgan is collecting herself. She will be on mometarily' The reporters voice rang through my ears.
      I watched closely as they put Miss Morgan on the air. She wiped her eyes and looked directly into the camera. 'My boy has been killed today.' She said sniffling. Boy? Does that mean he could be younger than Matt? 'Granted he was 42 and his time was sure to come sometime. He was still my little boy. Now I won't be able to see him get promoted, he won't be able to see his new little baby girl and boy.' She started to cry. I started to bawl.
 It kept showing her cry. Which just made me cry harder. I crossed my fingers. Please tell me its not Matt... Please just please.. I closed my eyes as they showed her showing pictures of his children. The children who would never be able to feel the warmth of their fathers hug. I sat on my knees on the living room floor. Hopefully Sam wouldn't come down and see his mother in the messy state she was in.
     The reporter came back on. 'Thank you Miss Morgan. This just in the search is drawing to a close. If they don't find the third body the search will end because of threats of another attack.' "That's retarded!" I screamed at the screen. They can't just stop. What if the third man was leaking blood and dying!? I bit a pillow so I wouldn't scream anymore. 'We have photos of the three men.' The reporter said loudly.
 The first one was an older gentleman. He must've been about 40. 'This is Mister Morgan. He would've been 43 in two days. Miss Morgan was his mother. He leaves behind a loving wife and 5 children.' The reporter said quietly. I looked away as they showed more pictures of the family. I smacked the pillow. Then it showed one last picture of the guy. Soon he would be six foot under and 5 little kids would be putting flowers by his headstone.. I didn't even want to picture me doing that.
 'This is the second male. He was found shortly after Morgan was. His name a Dave Ralia. He leaves behind his mother, father, and two lovely little girls.' I started bawling all over again. These men were dying one by one and we couldn't do a single thing about it. I bit the pillow and wiped the tears off my face. 'Ralia was about to be promoted to general. We have more news on the bomb. The men were going in to reduce a terrorist attack but came too late. Ralia would have been 34 in three months.' The reporter still did not show much emotion. I closed my eyes. Just one more person. There was no way it could be Matt... Absolute no way.
But then his image flashed on the screen. He had his dorky smile painted on his face. Sobs started rolling out of my body. 'People are still out looking for this man. He was the third and youngest of this group. His name is Matthew Humphrey. He is 26 years old. There is no word from his family yet.' The reporter said. I crawled to the screen and kissed Matt's screens lips. I sobbed so hard my body was shaking. I crawled back to the couch. The reporter named a few more things about him but I couldn't hear him over my tears. I screamed bloody murder. At the moment I didn't care if I woke the kids. All I knew Matt could be dead.
      Then the screen flashed back to the reporter. 'Well time for the weather.' He said emotionless. I hurled the pillow towards my t.v. "You bastard!" I yelled expressing my hatred. I pulled my knees in close. Then I crawled to the recliner to get the remote. I turned the tv off. I grabbed my phone and dialed Bridgets number. There was no answer. I threw my phone at the wall. I didn't care if it broke. Then I just sat there and cried. I cried and cried and cried.
         I heard a few footsteps. "Mommy? Mommy are you okay?" Sam cried out running down the steps. I waved him to me. He ran right away. I grabbed him and I hugged him to death. "No sweety.. Mommy's not okay..." I cried. I sat there rocking him back and forth in the dark. Mommy's not okay...

3 comments:

  1. EHEM!! *cough cough* They better find him!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! This was great! Made me tear up a little honestly. -.- Sissy much?! :) Keep up the good work, girl!
    ~Kira Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Great storyline! Hopefully the'll find him!

    ReplyDelete