Sunday, July 24, 2011

I should've known. Babies 23, 24, and 25


When Matthew asked me to marry him my heart started to pound. I was so happy, surprised, and excited and it was all packed into one emotion. It was absolutely unbelievable.
He looked at me a smiled a great big smile.
I started to breathe again and I came to my senses. "Yes Yes, One thousand and thirty-seven times yes!" I almost screamed.
He took the gigantic sparkling ring out of the box and presented it to me. "Here you are my dear." He said nicely.
He took my hand in his and slipped the ring on my finger. "I shall now pronounce you, Mrs. Humphrey, well I will be able to when we have our wedding." Matthew said adding a bit of humor to the moment.
I couldn't stop staring at the ring. It was beautiful! I just couldn't believe it.
"Can Matthew get a hug? Or does the ring get all the attention?" Matthew said giggling at my amazement of my ring. I ran straight to him with my arms in the air.
"I love you so much." I whispered in his ear. "I love you more." Matthew whispered back.
We walked back to the house. Our vacation would be officially over tomorrow morning. I didn't know what I would tell Bridget, or the kids, or even my mother. Oh yeah my mother, I needed to call her to check up on her. Gosh, my sisters too. I guess when I get home I might as well make a call list, Matthew too he needed to call his father and get back in touch with him...
Morning came much too soon. We were on the plane by five a.m. My smile had not gone away from my face and neither had Matthews. This day couldn't get any better than it already was. Never mind I lied, I get to see my kids again which would make it twenty times better.

 We finally made it home at around 4 p.m I instantly ran inside.
I quickly hugged Bridget. I whispered in her ear "We need to talk, meet me in my room in a minute after I say hi to the kids." She pulled away from the hug. "What did you do now Cait?" She whispered back. "Nothing now go upstairs!" I whispered shooing her upstairs. Then I turned to Tatiana to give her a hug,.
"Hey sweethart. Everything go good here?" I asked pulling Tatiana into a hug. "Great! Aunt Bridget is awesome!" She said happily. Aunt Bridget huh? Oh Bridget and her funny lies. That's fine, she's an aunt in my book. "That's great!" I told her. Then she walked up the steps to her room. Such a warm homecoming.
I picked up a quiet little Ruby, I got her to laugh as I tickled her small belly. "Mama?" escaped her mouth. "Yes It's mama!" I said happily. I don't believe Bridget taught them her skills but she might've.
 I picked up my bubbly little Scarlet. "Oh no! Scarlet it's the claw!" I told her in a somewhat scared tone. She gasped a tiny little gasp.
"Oh No!" I said bringing down my hand. I tickled her little tummy and she burst out in bubbles of laughter. "That's my little girl!" I said happily as she continued to laugh even though she wasn't being tickled anymore.
 I went up to Matthew. "I will go talk to Bridget okay?" I told him. "Yeah, she might kill me if I tell her." He said jokingly. "Haha, you're sooo funny." I said sarcastically. I planted a kiss on his lips then turned away.
 I started up the stairs. "Have fun sexy!" Matthew said laughing. I started to laugh too.
 "Sit, sit." I told Bridget as I motioned for her to sit down. "Alright what is up with you smiley pants?" She asked.
 "Okay, well you know that me and Matt went on a romantic getaway and-" I started but was rudely interupted. "Thank you captain obvious I think I know that." She said in a bored tone. "Bridge come on. Let me finish." I told her. "Alright just let me go get my blankie and pillo-" "Bridget!" I almost yelled. "Okay okay. Go on young one." She said leaning back on the bed. "Matthew, well he, he proposed!" I said slowly Bridget looked at me and a gigantic smile spread across her face.
"Well, its about time." She said happily. Then her smile disappeared. "Bridge? What's wrong?" I asked shocked of her sudden mood change. "The rules, are you allowed to get married? Or even engaged in that matter?" She said. "Oh god! I never even thought of that!" I almost screamed as the tears welted in my eyes. "Cait, its, its alright. We can double check. I mean it's not that bad. You can break the rule." she said trying to comfort me. "Yeah, maybe." I whispered.
 Bridget and I made a mad dash for the computer. Bridget logged on and googled the rules. "It says, boyfriends, fiances, and husbands are strictly prohibited and frowned upon during a challenge." She almost whispered as she read it out loud.
 I started to freak out. "Now what do I do. I love him! That's why I said yes, and I should've waited and, and, and I am going to be deemed a slut around town and all of the other challenge moms will hate me, and-" I ranted on as my tears flooded my face. Bridget got off of the computer and tapped me on the shoulder.
"Hun, it's alright. Break the stupid freaking rule. I am absolutely positive it has happened before and nobody will hate you for it. The rules aren't great either. Telling you that you can't be in love my goodness. Makes me want to kill the person who wrote them. Actually if you request it I will." Bridget said hugging me. She managed to get a laugh out of me. "No don't kill them. Just go up to them with a weedwhacker and scare them a bit." I told her. We both started bursting out laughing.
"Okay, I'd better get going. Gotta feed my cat." Bridget said. I started to laugh again. "You don't have a cat!" I said. "Oh yeah, oh well." Bridget said with a smile.
Then Bridget left for her house.
 Early the next morning I got a wake up call from the doorbell. I got dressed quickly and ran down the steps. A man was standing there. He had purple hair and tiny eyes. He was kinda cute.
"Caitlin Murray, my name is Josiah, May I be in your challenge?" The man asked in a pleasant tone. He may not look the part or dress the part but he sure was a gentleman. "Yes, yes you can." I replied.
I led him inside and to the bedroom. Then we got straight to business. I heard the jingle. Time to get the dirty work over with.
I told him that we were only friends. He seemed to take it fine.
 But then he exploded. "What? You SLUT!" He yelled. I guess these men know nothing about the rules, errr wait, neither did I. Well still they shouldn't be throwing the slut name around.
"I think you need to leave!" I yelled. He pushed me out of the way and stormed out of my house.

 Then, I ran downstairs and started to teach Ruby how to walk.
 Matthew taught Scarlet how to walk for me.
 Then I taught Ruby how to talk. She didn't really like it all she said was mama.
 Matthew taught Scarlet how to talk too.
 Then I threw up. Someones going to be pregnant soon!
After emptying my stomach of my contents I decided to call my mother.
It should've been obvious when it went straight to voicemail. I took a deep breath and started to talk after the beep. "Hi mom its me Caitlin. I know when we saw each other last you left on bad terms and I'm sorry. I just wanted to call you to tell you that I got engaged. Uhm, please give me a call back. I hope your doing fine, it's all good here. Well, I hope to talk to you later, love you.." I said then hung up the phone. Trust me I felt like #1 worst daughter after kicking her out of my house, and I missed her although she was evil but we all have our bad moments..... Right?
 I went to go watch some television when the little one kicked me.
 I got a call and instantly answered it, I was disappointed when it was my stupid agent. >.<
 My pregnancy was REALLY uneventful so most of it will just be baby bump pics. Day 1
 While watching t.v Matthew started talking about wedding plans. "Hey hey hey, slow down. Now for THAT I want to have 100 kids for alright?" I told him. "Fine." He said under his breath in a happy tone.
 The girls played with their strange little toys as I watched t.v.
 Day 2 baby bump.
 MATTHEWS POV!! I stepped outside as the familiar caller id lit up my phone. I answered it. "Hi this is Matt!" I said happily. "Hello Matthew, this needs to be a short quick to the point call. We are calling you back to Iraq in exactly one week. Okay?" The familiar voice of my boss said.
 My heart automatically sank to my stomach.
 "Sir, I just got engaged. My fiancee will kill me if I have to go so soon. Is there anyone else this time?" I asked. He replied with a strict no. "See you at base in a week." He said then the line went dead. Oh great. I thought to myself.
 "What happened outside?" Cait asked me as I say t down. "Oh nothing." I lied. Lets just say no further questions were asked.
Caitlins POV! Baby bump day three. Any minute now!
 Well any minute now happened 20 minutes later!!
 Matthew rushed me to the hospital right away. There I gave birth to triplet girls.
 Welcome to the world Claire Murray
 Welcome to the world Hope Murray. I will pick you up off the floor in just one second!
And Welcome to the world Bridget Murray. (All names dedicated to my best friend Claire, a.k.a creater of Bridget!)
 Once we got all of the babies settled and their bellies full Matthew told me he had to talk to me. "Kermit, I'm just going to come out and say it. They've deployed me again. I'm going back to Iraq in a week." He said sadly.
 I instantly broke down in tears. I wanted to fall apart, or at least make the words he just said go straight back into his mouth like he never said anything. "Kermit..." He whispered taking my hand. "I'm so so sorry. I got the call yesterday..." He whispered again.,
He pulled me into a hug. "It's all alright Kermit. I love you." He told me. I wanted to believe him so bad. But I really couldn't.



1 comment:

  1. :o O. M. G...

    PS- Who cares about the rules? :P Violet got engaged before she finished the challenge, Ana got engaged AND married before Baby 25... Pshhh! Its fine ;)

    ReplyDelete