Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Halfway Mark. Babies 49 and 50

 Doug and Drew were super excited to age up. "Hmmm. Should I wish for something useful or that flying car." Drew pondered. Doug laughed excitedly. "The CAR!!!" He said then blew out all of his candles. I watched as my two little boys aged up to exciting teens.
 I took Richard up to his cake and blew out his little candle. Then I picked up Ian.
 I brought him to the cake and blew out his candle. Matthew got out a noise maker and started to blow into it like crazy.
 "Don't strain yourself Matt!" I laughed as he blew and blew. "These things suck." he said after the noisemaker refused him anymore noise.
 I took Snow up to her cake and blew out her candle. I set her down on the floor next to her brothers and in a few minutes they all aged into little toddlers.
 My little Blues. Richard and Ian looked almost exactly alike, and Snow inherited her fathers bright blue hair.
 Doug and Drew aged up into fine teens. Drew was definitely going to be the class clown, he loved to pull pranks and really didn't mind getting in trouble. Doug however was definitely a trouble maker.
After birthdays came skill time. I grabbed Ian's little hands and lifted him to his feet. It took seven tries before he could even take a step on his own. It was all worth it though. Doug and Drew decided that they would help me and they each grabbed a toddler and set to work.
Doug grabbed Richard and was successful on the first try. Richard was toddling around in ten minutes flat.
Drew took Snow's hands and began teaching her how to walk. She was a quick learner and they were done in no time. Drew then took Snows hands and began to walk around in circles and dance with her. She giggled and laughed and spun around with him.
Although he didn't like to admit it, Matthew had a soft heart when it came to animals. More lately than not I haven't been paying our little Jumangi much attention. Matt brought it upon himself to make sure Jumangi got some love every single day. Whether it was a pat on the head or a little treat Matt did something everyday before he went to work and everyday when he got home.
I finally purchased a swing for the little ones. Three in fact. Snow, Richard, and Ian all fell asleep quickly when I put them in the swings. Doug came up and turned all of the swings on. He accidently put them on fast, which woke them all up quickly.
Snow wouldn't have it. She started to freak out. She kicked and screamed until Drew came and picked her up. "You can't do that!" He yelled at Doug with Snow still wimpering in his arms. "My bad!" Doug said in an irritated tone and he ran upstairs to his room.
That night the guys went to prom. They both rode solo, claiming they still had no interest in girls, and so they had some interesting pictures. When they got home they talked about everything, Doug got into a fight with the school jock because they were both wearing the same thing, he lost, Drew found the love of his life, or she found him either way, and one of my boys got prom King.
Drew got all of his friends and then some to put his name in the Prom Kings voting box. He didn't think they would actually listen to him, but they did. He was crowned King and was awarded with the highest honor, a quick crowd surfing before the teachers sent him outside for being too rowdy. He said it was perfect, and totally worth it.
The boys decided they wanted to get on with their lievs and age up. Me, being the softy that I am, gladly let them. It would make more room in the house. Drew and Doug blew out their candles and waited for Young adulthood to meet them.
They grew up into fabulous young men. Dougs greatest feature is his eyes, and Drew his sense of humor. They both moved out, Doug went to work in Bridgeport in construction, and Drew moved in with his lover her in Appaloosa Plains.
The next day, after Matt was at work I got a knock on the door. I quickly went to answer it because the little ones were asleep.
"Hello." I said stepping outside. Gently closing the door behind me. "Why hello there. I am E.T" The strange green man said. "E.T?" I asked with a slight laugh. "Well, it stands for Edward Thomas, but that whole movie franchise vampire thing ruined the name for me. Plus E.T is cooler." The random fellow said. "Oh yeah, I'm a challenge father." He added with a smirk. "Follow me then E.T." I said and I led him inside and up the steps.
He had very odd facial features. His mouth was a very thin and fine line. His nose was tiny and stubby, and his eyes were large and slanted, his hair was jet black with tips of green and white. Hate to say it like this, but his babies were going to be interesting.
W egot to work quickly and the jingle followed shortly after. He said goodbye and left. I went and got the little ones up and dressed them and fed them then we played with the xylophones.
A lone deer came jumping through our lawn at three. I brought the kids to the door and we watched it bounce across the street and down the road. That was one thing I liked about Appaloosa Plains, the wildlife was quite interesting.
The pregnancy effects were taking hold fast. I threw up twice the day E.T came over,which was quicker than usual.
Bridget surprised me and came over. "Hey stranger!" She said walking into the house. I gave her a tight hug. "Where've you been?" I asked. "Well actually Spence, Bethany, and I went to Champs Les Sims, it was beautiful!" She exclaimed. "I know right! I hope I can take more of my kids there one day."I said staring out the window, but that was never going to be a reality, we were in debt already as it is. "Speaking of that your at... 45 kids right?" Bridget asked. "48, and I'm pregnant." I replied. "Holy- you amaze me Cait. You really do." She said staring at my petite belly. "I try." I replied with a smile.
We continued our little gathering by starting a pillowfight in the boys room. We stopped and took a few pictures too, while the feathers flew in the air. Bridget thought it would add a cute effect.
She blinked in about six of the pictures, so we only had one really good one, but she didn't really care. We went back downstairs and she made herself comfortable on the couch. I loved that girl.
"Oh no! Richard! Its..... THE CLAW!!!" I exclaimed as I raised my arm into the air. "No!!!" Richard squealed.
I brought my arm down and tickled him on his little belly. He squealed with excitement and burst into laughtr.
My baby bump started to show at the end of the day. The baby gave a light kick and I rubbed my belly in response. "Hey there little one, or ones." I whispered.
Matt bought a squirrel. Yes I said squirrel. Not a rat, or a mouse, or a guinea pig, a squirrel. He named it Elephant and he played with it on a daily basis. Sometimes if I came into the office he would be telling it a story. I walked in while he was telling his little squirrel all about the sky. "You've lost it.." I said with a smile. He looked at me then at the squirrel. His cheeks instantly turned red and he returned Elephant into his little cage. "I was just telling him about nature..." Was Matt's final defense. He started to laugh then exited the room. I looked at the little squirrel. "You are kind of cute.." I whispered and I stuck my hand in the cage and picked up the little creature. I started to pet him, then I started to hum him a song. Matthew came back in. "I guess I'm not the only one then?" He asked his cheeks returning to their usual color. "I guess not.." I replied with a smile.
I began to paint a picture, boredom I guess. Then Snow, Richard, and Ian began toddling around my legs. "Alright, alright." I said and I picked Snow up. "Wanna age up?" I asked touching her little nose. She nodded in agreeance.
I took Snow to her cake and had her blow out all of her candles.
Then Richard blew his candles out.
Then Ian blew out all og his candles by himself.
Richard and Ian are almost exactly alike. They've all inherited their fathers bright blue hair. Snow is definitely the leader of the three, what she says goes with the boys. That's my little girl!
Matt told me there was a lot of shooting stars outside, so we went out and low and behold shooting across the sky were what seemed like a million stars. We sat down next to each other and enjoyed the show. "It's beautiful." I gasped watching them shoot all over the sky. "You could make thousands of wishes." Matt whispered. "I don't need wishes." I whispered back. Matt looked at me, puzzled. "Why not?" He asked. "My one wish came true, you're home and safe." I whispered. The rest of the time he nuzzled closer and closer, but we stayed silent.
Matt went inside and started to play with Elephant some more. I still think theres something wrong with that connection, but I wouldn't tell Matt that. He coud play with his little squirrel all he wanted to. It didn't but me one bit.
The next day while Matt was at work and the kids at school I went into labor. It wasn't that long, it was just painful as all get out.
In the end however I was quite satisfied. I gave birth to two little boys.
"Welcome to the world, Patrick, Welcome to the world Mikey." I whispered as they fell asleep in their cribs. "I'm half way there."

1 comment: