Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas is Around the Corner. Babies 42 and 43

 I started with the birthdays. First Jon, then the twin girls, then Tobi and Terrence. Terrence went first. I blew out his candles with a strong gust and set him on the ground, awaiting for a toddler to appear.
 I brought Tobi to her cake. Her skin was already becoming more and more red every day. I blew out her single candle and set her on the ground. Together her and Tobi aged into toddlers. Jon said his farewells and left for a new life and the girls departed to go do something on their own time.
 It was already Winter break, and the end of the year was zooming by fast. Towards noon the snow started to fall in large clumps of flakes. Megan begged me to go outside, whereas Gracie wanted to stay inside and watched t.v.
 I finally gave in to Megans constent asking. When she finally got out there she sat in the snow and stared at me through the window. I stepped outside. "Megan Murray, you are a funny funny girl." I said laughing, I wiped my hands on a towel. "I didn't think it would be so... Cold... Or wet..." She said with a small smile.
 I came out completely and pulled her to her feet. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I love you." I whispered with a small giggle. Then I led her back inside and helped her peel off her coat and gloves.
 The day progressed quickly, and we finished it off with setting up the Christmas tree and decorating it. The girls bickered over who would be able to put the topper on, so I lifted Gracie up first and she set it on. Then I took it off and let Megan put it back on. I had to repeat the step five times before they were both happy.
     My mother also set off for Diana's house, which was a blessing in disguise. One, I get to have a holiday alone with my children, and two I didn't have to cook a big meal!
At sunset the icecream truck came for its last run of the season. Megan burst through the door before I could say yes or no. I stepped outside to watch, because there are a million and three things I can find wrong with an ice-cream truck and I watched her roll on the ball of her heels debating on getting a fudge pop or a bunny freeze.
 She finally decided on the Fugde pop and she spun around taking a large bite. She held up a Bunny freeze, for Gracie, and a frozen lollipop for me. Inside we devoured our treats and I put the younger ones to bed.
 I got up and dressed Tobi and Terrence. I put them by the playthings downstairs and set off for my chore list. At the top was the dishwasher. It had gone out around Thanksgiving and I never really got around to it. I grabbed my wrench, screwdriver, and manuel and set to work. An hour later I had a fixed and upgraded dishwasher that could do my dishes and would reclean itself anytime.
 The doorbell rang, and I set my list aside and rushed to get it. There was an oddly colored fellow outside the door. Which meant one thing for me. A new daddy!! I opened up the door and stepped out.
 "Ah, yes. Caitlin Murray. Even more pleasant in person. May I introduce myself? Well I'll just assume a yes. I am Le'Razz Berry, pronounced Ber-e. I am with Challange Father corp. We run here locally, uh well thats all I got." He said in a somewhat french somewhat spanish accent. "Well, yeah. Sure, uh, to my room I guess?" I said quickly. He nodded and we proceeded inside. Everytime this was beginning to feel more businesslike. I don't really like the whole Challenge Father corp. the fact that a bunch of single men get together and stalk women like me daily. It felt creepy, and stalkerish.
 I pushed my feelings aside and slipped into bed. He was ready to get to the point to and before I knew it the jingle was playing and he was getting his pants on. "Have a wonderful day." He said with a slick grin. I didn't exactly know what to think, but I had four kids downstairs so I got dressed and ran down the steps.
 The girls were keeping themselves, and the toddlers busy. "Peek-a-BOO!" Megan said quickly and Terrence gave her a truly shocked expression. Megan laughed and covered her eyes again. Terrence followed suite.
 "Where's Grac-ee?" Tobi squealed as Gracie covered her eyes. "Here I am!" She said happily, adding a laugh. Tobi started to giggle until she couldn't stop. I went over to the computer and tried to start up chat, when it refused for like the nine-billionth time this week I retired and sulked back upstairs.
 The pregnancy affects were already kicking in. I was feeling nauseas, and I had a strange craving for watermelon speghetti. I did not however put that recipe to the test. The girls started to request that they age up a bit early. With no school in the way, and the holiday coming fast I accepted.
We got out two cakes and the girls both blew out their candles. "Mom, what's the point of wishing?" Megan asked as she pondered her wish. I had asked the same question when I was a child. "It's, magical. Plus, it works sometimes." Was the best answer that I could provide. She shrugged, made a wish and blew out her candles.
They both aged into magnificient teens. Gracie in the pink, and Megan in the blue.
Megan seemed to pick up Dani's love for animals. Her favorite thing to do other than  crochet was to play with Jumangi and the little rat Buddy. Buddy was a replacement for Nibbles, but she had a tendency to bite people. Especially me.
The girls also asked if we could age up the little ones. I decided it couldn't hurt and the grabbed the kids and took them to their cakes. Tobi laughed and giggled as she blew out her candles. Terrence didn't want to blow out his candles so Megan helped him out.
They aged up into cute little children. Tobi's skin was becoming more and more red, and Terrence was maturing quite fast.
It didn't take long before my baby bump started to show. This was going to be a quick pregnancy by the looks of it. I rubbed my belly as the little feet kicked. This was the one thing I absolutely loved about pregnancies.
Jumangi contracted fleas somehow. They were bouncing all over him and he meowed in pain. Megan couldn't let him suffer anymore. She scooped him in her arms. "Jumangi, does someone need a bath?" She cooed. At the word bath Jumangi started to squirm in her arms. She ran up the steps and I could hear the water start to run.
Megan crammed Jumangi into the bathtub and started to rub his fur with the anti-flea shampoo that Dani had made me purchase when we went to the pet store last. I could hear Jumangi hissing and meowing in disagreement, but when Megan came back down a half and hour later with him in her arms he seemed happier.
The next few days of the kids vacation was filled with anticipation for Christmas. Lots of naps, and a lot of Christmas movies.
Tobi and Terrence spent their time racing each other on the couch. Usually Terrence was the one who cheered for winning the race, while Tobi was yelling at him to shut up and start his engine for another race.
The girls and I spent a lot of time shopping on the television. During that time I told them all about Matt, and how I wish he were here. We would point out stupid things and tell each other that was what we were going to buy for them.
A waving cat flashed on the screen. It was also part cookie jar or something. While Terrence pretended to race around the track he stared at the screen. "That's dumb!"  He shouted as he turned his invisible wheel.
The girls fed off of his dislike. "So you want that?" Megan asked pointing to the screen. "I'll give them a call, it also comes with kitty slippers! Of course thats the perfect gift for you!" Gracie added staring at him and pulling her cell phone out of her pocket.
Terrence looked at them in absolute horror. "NOOO!" He yelled, he protended to swerve and also pretended to run into a wall. Tobi laughed and pretended to go ahead of him. "Look what you've done!" He said quite loudly. The girls laughed and continued to watch the program.
It was Christmas Eve already. I got busy making my special key lime pie. While baking I thought about Matt. I really really wanted to get a hold of him somehow to wish him Merry Christmas. Sadly chat was the only way I could and since it was being retarded I couldn't talk to him.
I finished the pie and continued to let my thoughts about Matt swim. If only he were here... I put the pie in the fridge and went to the kids. I told them to go to sleep, Gracie and Megan asked if we could open presents at midnight, I had to deny that request. I sent them all to bed, some more grumpy than others, and I sat on the couch.
Jumangi sat next to me. "Is it nice being a cat?" I asked then realized I was talking to a cat. He did meow however, and I took that as a yes. I cuddled and pet him for a while then a sharp pain ripped across my back.
Labor was more than anyone could ever bargain for. It hurt, it took a while, it just sucked all the way around. I haven't gone to the hospital once here in Appaloosa plains, and nobody really knows about my baby out of wedlock problems, even though its not even their business in the first place. I finally felt the babies coming to and gave one final push.
I gave birth to a beautiful girl. I named her Ellie. I took her up to the nursery. "Sweet dreams Ellie." I whispered as she drifted off. I felt another pain. Was I having another set of twins?!?
Indeed I was! I pushed out a brilliant blue baby boy. I named him Elliot. I set him down in another crib and sang him to sleep. Another pair of multigendered colorful twins. I would call this lucky! :)
After Elliot drifts off I go to my room and chane into my pajamas. I grab the boxes and other presents that I've wrapped and float downstairs. I plant them all under the tree, some saying from Santa, then I light a fire and sit down.
 "If only there were a real Santa." I sighed and whispered to myself. "Then the holidays would be easier." I sat for a while then turned my attention to the clock. It was ten seconds to midnight. I didn't really know what time midnight was in Iraq, so it could very well be Christmas where Matt is right this second. I decided to keep him in the same time zone as I.
 "Five....... Four...... Three..... Two..... One... Merry Christmas my sweet." I whispered. "Merry Christmas." A faint voice sounded. I jumped to my feet and looked around. "He-llo?" I asked turning in circles. I stared at the fire. My imagination must be taking hold.
But then I felt somebody grab my arm. I turned and stared into the brilliant blue eyes and soft smile I had loved since childhood. "I'm back." Matthew whispered and he lightly kissed my cheek. Christmas just got a million times better.

5 comments:

  1. Awww. That was a lovely, and a bit sad, post. Gracie and Megan are so skinny!

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Blue babies!!

    Jumangi is such a cute name for a cat, and he's cute too!!!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skye-I know right! I have no clue why!
    Calista-Why thank you very much! It took me four days to concoct that little thing. He was well worth it though! <3

    ReplyDelete