Friday, January 20, 2012

Revelations Part II

STRONG LANGUAGE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! READ AT OWN RISK!! (Its only 2 words but still... sorry no pics either.)
I never called Diana. I contemplated it, but I wasn't done. It didn't make any sense. She was hiding something, something that I desparately wanted to know. So in the morning when I walked in with cereal and a fresh glass of ice water she seemed genuinely surprised. "That's another thing I could never grasp about you Caitlin. You're so damn nice even when nothing goes your way." She said eyeing me. I politely nodded, and took a seat on the bed.

       "Listen.. Your story was really inspiring, and for the first time in my life I finally thought you were telling the truth, but I can't help to think you left something out.. Something very, vert important" I said. My mother showed no emotion at all. She set the water down and looked at me with such an intensity I wanted to leave the room and not ever return to it. "Perhaps I have left some minor details out, but those I am keeping to myself." She said with a curt nod.
       
       "Not going to tell me?" I asked. She slowly shook her head. "You know, a while back you tried to be nice to me... That was another time you thought you were going to die. You said and I quote 'I just need to get things off of my chest.' Now mom, then you escaped death, this time its at your door, and there's no way you're getting out of this one. So tell me, what really happened." I said, keeping my eyes locked on her the entire time. She broke out in a pristine sweat. "I can't tell you, you already hate me, I can't have you hate me anymore.." She whispered.

        "Not one time have I said I hate you and actually meant it, mom. I love you know matter how thick skulled you are." I replied nonchalantly. "What if I told you something that was so bad you didn't want me in your sight?" She asked, her eyes gleaming pleading for the truth. "Well that depends, what are you hiding?" I replied. "You have to swear not to tell another soul.." She murmered. I drew a cross over my heart. "I promise." Escaped my lips slowly and smoothly, like it was meant to.

        "Everything was truthful, up to Jack taking Micheal and leaving..." She whispered. "Jack did take Micheal and they did leave for a week or two, there was in fact a letter, but then they came back. In that time I drank until I couldn't tell left from right, up from down, chair from person, happy from sad. I drank until I didn't have to see the world anymore. When they came home I was so out of it I didn't even realize they were home, until the hangover buzzed off and I was craving for more."

         'When I got up to get more brandi, I could hear the distinct sound of liquid being poured down a drain.. I ran to the bathroom, where I thought it was coming from and Jack was pouring all of my alchohol down the drain. I freaked out. 'Why?' I had shouted at him. He responded smoothly 'because I don't want your son seeing this.' and then he poured the rest of my alchohol down the drain. I flipped out, I was still buzzing from a headache, still over the legal limit even though I had drank nine or so hours before."

           'I didn't know what I was doing... I-I went into the kitchen, and I grabbed a knife, and I-I just walked up to Jack, and I," My mother started to sob. "I grabbed him by his shirt and I dragged him into the nursery that he had painted. I took Micheal out of his toddler bed and I set him on the ground next to Jack." My mothers words were slurring together and she was talking so quickly I could barely keep up, and at this point I barely wanted to, but my mind was hanging on every word, like a story that had gone amiss, a thriller that should never end. "I-I looked Jack in the eyes, and I said loud and clear 'You don't want your son to see me anymore? Well I can make that happen!' I taped Jack to the wall with duct tape, it took me almost an hour to do that simple task, he fought and fought, and I cut and cut. I took Micheal and looked him in the eyes, you're fucking eyes Caitlin! He gurgled then started to cry, and you know what I did?" She said, and I slowly shook my head.

        "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I DID!?!?!" My mother screamed louder than ever. "I don't!" I yelled back, tears streaming down my face, unwilling to hear more, but not saying a word. "I took that knife and I killed my little boy! Then when I had enough I went to Jack. 'He won't see anything now!' I yelled at his face, and then I killed him too! CAITLIN I'm a murderer!" She screamed, I jumped from the bed, finally getting away from my mother. "You're sick." I muttered, looking into her eyes, that were bewildered.

       "I buried them in the backyard, skipped town, changed my name, got records changed, became a new person, met your dad and had you kids. When I gave birth to you, you were him and I swore someone was out to get me, or that someone would be you one day. So I made sure there were no connections with you. You have his smile, his eyes, his personality, I couldn't do it again. I thought for sure I would kill you. So I made sure I wouldn't." My mother explained. "Well guess what. You just did." I said back, and this time I didn't leave the room. I got out my phone and I called Matt, who was at work. "What's up?" He had asked. "I've just heard a confession to a murder, can you have someone here right away?" I said slowly back into the receiver, I hung up and looked my mother square in the eyes. "You're not the only one who can lie." I said, and I left the room, leaving the last words hanging in the air.

6 comments:

  1. o_______________________________________o
    Oh my. OH MY! I-Oh lawd.
    Yeeaaaaaaaaaaah, Matt. Get someone over there faaaast. That was quite intense x.x
    I feel so sorry for the little one, though :c He never stood a chance ;____;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      At first I thought it was a tad bit extreme that she would do something like this, but then I thought about it and was like, she's a psycho.
      May you forever rest in peace little Micheal, and you miss Cecilia, if that is your real name, I have a lovely placement for you in hell.

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD. Poor little boy. ;_;
    Your writing is so amazing.
    I think Caitlin did the right thing but I wonder if her mom would even live enough to be able to go to jail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is very good! I enjoy reading...keep it up!

    Tracie
    crackyouwhip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are in reality a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a excellent job on this subject!
    US Divers Travelers Captain 2 LX Snorkel Set (mens 7-10)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am continuously looking online for tips that can aid me. Thx!
    Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete